CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Race for the Cure!

On Saturday i finished my first 5k. my friend Sarah and I went down to the Gateway to participate in the Race for the Cure to support our neighboor and friend, Carolyn, who has recently been diagnosed with breast cancer. It was a great experience and I was suprised and amazed to see how many people came to support the great cause.

Here's us with Carolyn Me and Sarah after finishing the race, with all our free food.
There were over 18,000 people there!!
Look at the boobie beanies, so clever.

3 comments:

The MontaƱo’s said...

Great job Quela! Now on for your first 1/2 marathon, right? Those beanies are hiliarious!!!!!!!!!!!!

A student midwife said...

oh my heavens I love the boobie beanies!

Catie said...

Ha! I want one of those :) That's so great that you finished your first 5K!! I didn't know you were into running! If you hear of any other races, plop on over to one of my blogs and let me know :)