CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Altamont

Yes, Altamont. You ever heard of it? I hadn't until about 2 weeks ago when we were invited to go with our friends Matt and Lynsey. It's a little town in the Uinta Basin right by Roosevelt, another town I had never heard of. Well, we went there this weekend and had lots of fun fishing and hanging out on the lake, playing games, and just relaxing. I've decided that I really like fishing. It's something that I decide after every time I go fishing. I guess it's just the in between times that I forget how fun it is. It's also nice to get away form yard work and that list of all the things we need to do at home. We caught a lot of fish and kept about 15. Roxy did great on the boat. She probably slept about 2/3 of the time we were out on the lake. Oh, and I GUTTED A FISH! My first time ever, and it looks a lot worse than it is. It was actually pretty easy. Overall it was a great weekend. Thanks Matt & Lynsey!



Roxy loves fishing, and playing in the fishing line.

Me gutting my first fish
Matt's got guts too.



7 comments:

Heather said...

I've heard of Altamont!!! My sister-in-law has family that lives out there. Definitely a small town. Glad to see that you had fun while we all suffered here in Primary! Also think that you are brave to take Roxy out on the water in a fishing boat!

Jeff, Erin, Macy, Owen& June said...

Looks like fun! I can't believe how big Roxy is gettting. Man it goes fast, doesn't it?

RyanandHailee said...

How fun! I really need to try out fishing more! I used to go all the time when I was little with my dad but I haven't forever, Ryan got me a fishing poll for Christmas.. I think he was trying to tell me something :) Roxy is so cute! Those pics with her and Matt are adorable... Nothing like little a girl and their daddy!

Tami said...

Q...Wow, long time no see. Your daughter is adorable! How old is she? You have a very cute family! So you were born in Portland huh? We're in Portland right now (Ben is doing and internship), so far we're liking it, it's beautiful!

JoRae aka Lolae said...

I am grossed out by you gutting that fish. I just don't like slimy wiggly things, they give me the heebies.

Johnny Metropolis said...

That look like fun!

Natalie said...

fun! cute pics.