CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 9, 2008

Defeated

This weekend we had the Nelson Family reunion. Overall it was a lot of fun, but I feel a little defeated.
Friday night didn't start off too well. I had a coed soccer game and we lost 5-1. Which wasn't that much of a heart breaker because we loose all our games. Although, I did have the greatest shot of my life. It didn't quite go in the goal, but I kicked it right out of the air. I was proud of myself.
Then it was off to the cousin bash, where I ate way too many treats, sang very badly at karaoke, and actually managed to win a game of 'Last Word' in which I just barely beat my brother John.
The next morning we got up at 5:45am to go to the golfing tournament at 6:30. This is where it starts to go down hill. Now, if you know me or Matt, you know that we are not golfers. I've been about 5 times in my life (3 have been at the Nelson Family Reunions), and Matt has been about 4 times in his life (2 have been at the NFR). I feel pretty good with my golfing skills considering the fact that I never practice and Matt had never beat me before. But he finally beat me! He shot a 58 and I got a 63. I was very surprised. And Matt couldn't be happier and I was proud of him too. I know it is usually the other way around in that the woman is happy when she finally beats the man, but not in this family (no offence Matt). It was a little bit of a sad morning for me, but hopefully it will never happen again, especially if I try to stay away from the 4 trees I hit.
Next came the annual softball game. Ever since I can remember, the team that had my family, the Hendersons, on it always won. Every year. And contrary to the Kent Nelson family's belief, we won last year also. They think they won last year, but they totally didn't. But this year we lost! So sad. I could list a whole bunch of excuses as to why we lost like the fact that John and Josh decided to leave in the middle of the game or that they only won because they didn't have Jenn Haycock there to bring them down, but we really lost fair and square. I guess it's good to lose every once in a while or no one will ever want to play us again.
Last, we had a fabulous dinner, and Hailee Nelson, you need to give the the recipe to that really good creamy, fruity, cookie thing you made.
So that's it, the reunion of defeat. Hopefully I can turn every thing around at my slow pitch game tomorrow night. (Knock on wood)

7 comments:

JoRae aka Lolae said...

I am so sad that you feel such defeat. It isn't much fun, is it? I do have to say excuses are like buttholes, they stink and everyone has one. Not that I think you have any excuses. Anywho, good to have finally defeated you Hendy's in softball, and don't worry we will definitely have our game on next year. In other news, I still love ya to death. (Oh and that adorable little Roxy).

RyanandHailee said...

K So I am sad to say that my family came through without me, I knew that they didn't need me anyway for all that jazz to get a win!!! j/k, I am the reason that they lose, k so the salad....
Use a small box of instant vanilla pudding and add one little carton of buttermilk, once all dissolved add one Lg thing of cool whip, 2 cans of drained madrin oranges, three cut bananas and about half the carton of keebler fudge stripped cookies broken up, stir it all together and you have you creamy, fruity, cookie delight :)
It was fun to hag out with you again and see your cute little foxy roxy.. she is dang cute!

Johnny Metropolis said...

It was wise to list barely beating me in a board game, because I am so bad at those that beating me is kind of the same as losing.

Want to hear something weird? Me and Josh left the softball game (while we were ahead) to go play soccer, and we lost our game 5 to 1, just like you!

Moral: Don't replace family functions with soccer games - or suffer the consequences.

Jill said...

You play slow pith?! That's awesome! Wish I could play. Good luck! No more defeat!

Kristin said...

I can't play games with jonathan, we are too competitive. we have to be on the same team. One time playing indoor soccer with his family he kicked the ball and it smacked me in the face. total accident but i still tried to kick him back because he laughed at me. Monopoly? yeah right he is such a teaser and proader i want to shove a house up his nose. oh and TBS runs re runs of the office on tuesdays usually, a little fyi

TC Jolley said...

Haha! Sounds like you had a tough but fun weekend!

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

Q, it keeps you humble! Sorry your luck was down... maybe next year!