CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 23, 2009

Nelson Memories

So if you saw the house that burned down in Sandy on the news last week... that was my Grandparents old house. Even though it's not their home anymore, they built that house and lived in it for many many many years. When I lived at home growing up, we and all the aunts and uncles and cousins would meet there every Sunday night and have homemade ice cream. There are so many memories I have in that house and it was so sad to see it burn down.



I'd just like to take a second to remeniss with all the Nelson side of my family of some of my memories.
- Homemade Icecream
- playing capture the flag, ghost in the graveyard, kick the can, basketball
- playing nertz, and murder in the dark
- Picking rassberries, apricots, and cherries
- Climbing on the roof of the barn
- Painting the barn
- The little sand box
- swinging from the clothesline poles
- massive domino trains
- watching The Simpsons in the basement
- Grandpa's old chess set
- the beer chair
- Aunt Linda's treats
- Uncle Reed's teasing
- passing around cookies
- not having to serve ice cream anymore
- Mormon bridge
- racing sticks down the gutter
- Dipping chocolates
- Grandpa saying, " My name is Quela...What's yours?" Ha Ha
- Fitting everyone in the bathroom
- Inviting Matt for the first time to face the wrath(I mean questioning) of Aunt Linda(I mean the fam)
- Thanksgiving dinner, the handprint table cloth, and the kids table.


So so many memories. Let me know what I forgot, or what your favorite memories were.

9 comments:

Henderson Family said...

That is sooo sad to see a big part of good memories destroyed in that way. I'm glad you have so many great memories to look back on though.

Jami and Family said...

Totally watched it burn down...so sad for the family and hard to say goodbye to where a ton of memories were made!

Jeff, Erin, Macy, Owen& June said...

OH how sad! I would hate to see something like that in my life go! Bummer!

Katie M. said...

I remember Red Rover in the front yard and one of the cousins playing baseball and breaking Grandpa's window in the garage! Oh, Quela this is so good. I love your memories, I smiled when I read this! It's so sad :(

Katie M. said...

oh and don't forget sleeping in the basement and getting yelled at by the parents to go to bed!!

Bri said...

That's so sad. I can't imagine my grandparents house being destroyed! That was like the epicenter of my family growing up.

Oh, did your Mom tell you I saw her at the Draper temple open house? Well, I did. She gave me my brochure on the way in. She's so nice.

Bekah B. said...

So sad Q. I'm so sorry!

Johnny Metropolis said...

Whoa!!! I have really been out of the loop... cause I had no idea this happened? When was this? How did the fire start? Was it arson? - those idiots paid way too much for it in the first place. Oh man I have to drive by there...

Were you there? How did you get these pictures?

...unbelievable.

Natalie said...

Sad! Wow!!